A faculty is a legal document giving permission to do work to a church building or land. This permission is needed because church buildings are the property of the Representative Body of the Church in Wales not the parish.
Use the links below to get to the appropriate section
- Form 1 Part 1
- (Guidance Notes)
- This is a preliminary advice form and should only be completed if there is uncertainty as to whether you need to apply for a faculty. Completing this form will provide information to the DAC so they may further advise.
- Form 1 Part 2
- Faculty form
- Form 2
- This form must be displayed on the church noticeboard or gate for a period of 28 days giving notice to the public of your intentions. Please contact DAC secretary for reference number prior to display.
- Newspaper Advertisement
- This must be advertised if your proposals involve demolition or character of the building is changed.
- Form A
- Proposals in churchyards including graves
- Form B
- Commemorative plaques in churches
- Form C
- Disposal of items of church contents (please also complete ‘church contents form’)
- Church Contents Form
- To be completed if church is preparing to close.
- Form D
- Stained glass
- Form E
- The removal or disturbance of human remains (whether uncremated or cremated) from an existing grave, vault or tomb
- Form F
- Reservation of grave space
- Statement of Justification
- This form is generally for more significant proposals and only needs to be completed if requested
For further guidance place contact:
DAC Secretary/Churches Conservation and Development Officer:
Mrs Susan Booth
Diocesan Centre, Catherdral Close, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 1RL
Tel: 01248 366 329 – Email: email@example.com